Reporting to the Director of Partnerships and Communications, the role of UK-wide Relationship Manager was created with primary responsibility for developing new relationships with the public sector and housing associations and finding new clients for Public Sector Plc partnership and real estate consultancy/advisory services.
The job holder should have:
- 3 years of experience in a business development role, ideally in the public sector and/or a real estate consulting firm.
- Exceptional networking skills are a must, combined with a proactive and focused perspective to represent the brand and the company.
- Experience managing and prioritizing the pipeline from identification, acquisition to conversion.
- Ability to build relationships at multiple levels, including senior executives, managers, and C-level contacts.
- Data-driven thinking. Strong analytical skills and ability to apply judgment on quantitative and qualitative evidence when making decisions.
- Ability to identify target audiences and design approaches that engage, inform and motivate buying behaviors.
- Excellent communication skills, with experience creating and delivering presentations for both small and large groups and be willing to step up/train for public speaking.
- Undertake other tasks reasonably required by management within the overall mission of this role.
- A professional, accessible and collaborative manner, with the ability to build relationships with target audiences within the public sector.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Primary responsibility for developing new relationships with the public sector and housing associations to ensure delivery of PSP supply and services to new customers across the UK.
- Become an ambassador for the PSP partnership model and real estate advisory services.
- Manage public sector tendering/framework processes and stakeholder relations.
- Representation of the company at exhibitions, events and conferences.
- Identify, investigate and report competitor information to improve company intelligence in key market sectors.
- Take the lead of an enterprise-wide CRM system, proactively use and manage the database and verify accuracy.
- Work with PSP Directors to ensure technical expertise is engaged at the appropriate time to deliver the best partner/customer experience and help optimize pipeline conversions.
- Work with the Marketing Brand Manager to present the PSP offer and service to customers through relevant, dynamic and engaging marketing materials.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in or closely with the UK public sector.
- Experience generating leads and generating leads to convert into new business and revenue.
- Experience in a business development role for a consultancy or real estate consultancy firm.
- An understanding of real estate development, broadly defined, with an enthusiasm for the socio-economic benefits that regeneration and development can bring to communities.
- Experience managing databases and CRM platforms to monitor and report across the business.
- Effectively deal with a wide range of stakeholders to build lasting relationships and new business in the short and long term.
- Experience working with clients across the UK with insight into regional trends and characteristics.
- Experience presenting to external audiences on technical, product or business topics.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills – All MS Office products.
- Ability to work flexibly in regards to travel to different locations in the UK.
- Experience managing frameworks or bid submissions to support new project opportunities.
- Proficiency in social media and knowledge of how to use LinkedIn to network online and generate new leads.